The 3M High Flow Filter System is an advanced design that uses 3M innovation
and 3M Purifi cation’s extensive fi ltration experience to deliver a high flow filter in
a compact housing design. When compared to conventional cartridge systems, this
system provides the following advantages:
High flow capability
The construction of 3M High Flow filter systems permits fl ow rates of up to 1884 lpm
in a single cartridge. The result? Fewer filter elements to accommodate your flow
requirements. In fact, the 3M High Flow filter systems require as few as one-tenth the
number of elements as competitive 2.5” (63,5 mm) pleated cartridges
Using fewer elements combined with an outside-to-in fl ow path enables a reduction
in the size of housing required for your application. The 3M High Flow filter housing
takes up as little as one-half the size of competitive housings for a given fl ow rate. The
result is lower capital investment costs and a compact footprint that saves valuable
Ease of Use
The 3M High Flow filter system is designed with ease-of-use in mind. From a userfriendly,
ergonomically designed handle that makes cartridge installation and removal
easier without the use of special tools or other hardware, to a “twist-to-lock” cartridge
seating mechanism that provides a positive seal, the 3M High Flow filter system
facilitates easy operation and maintenance of your filter system.
• Municipal water, RO prefiltration, reclaimed water, coolants, nozzle protection, boiler
• Quench water, aqueous salt solutions, final products, Petrochemicals
• Waterfl ooding, produced water, enhanced oil recovery, completion fluids, amine
sweetening, final products Electronics
• RO prefiltration, process water
Food and beverage
• Process and blending water
• Bottled water, Pharmaceutical
• Process water
Features and benefits
High flow capability of up to 1884 lpm per cartridge
• Reduced filter usage – minimizes product loss, labour, disposal costs, operator exposure and downtime for filter change-out.
Compound radial pleat design
• High loading capacity for long life and lower cost filtration. Compact design
• Smaller housing helps minimise capital expense requirements.
• Reduces system footprint
. Absolute rating
• Reproducible effluent quality throughout the filter’s life.
Easy to use
• No special tools or hardware required for filter change-out – helps minimise downtime.
• “Twist to lock” seating mechanism provides positive seal.
• Ergonomically designed handle – facilitates easy cartridge installation and removal.
Approved for food contact use
• Complies with European and US regulations.
3M High Flow filter media
High performance media in an innovative design
3M High Flow filters are designed using state-of-the-art technology, optimising both
performance and effluent quality to provide customer satisfaction. The elements use a
pleat design that results in a high usable filtering surface area per filter.
Radial pleat design
3M innovation is at the heart of the 3M High Flow filter. A compound radial pleat
design helps maximise the usable surface area per filter. Blown microfibre forms
the basis of the filter media, which is made to tightly controlled fibre diameter
specifications to produce a media with absolute rated particle retention characteristics.
Our 3M Purification manufacturing process embosses the media to produce a more
uniform pleat pattern, which, in turn, allows greater utilisation of the media by evenly
distributing the fl uid throughout the entire filter structure. This results in consistent
particle retention in a compact, space-saving design.
Consider the following benefits of the 3M High Flow filter system over competitive
2.5” (63,5 mm diameter) cartridges in a 1325 lpm and a 7571 lpm system
• The 3M High Flow filter system requires 90% fewer cartridges as competitive
2.5” (63,5 mm diameter) cartridge systems for a given fl ow rate.
• 3M High Flow housings are 33% to 50% smaller than competitively sized
housings for a given flow rate.
• Fewer filters and a user-friendly housing design means faster change-outs than
competitively sized systems
The 3M High Flow filter contains several features to combine high performance with
A large diameter core allows up to 113 m³/hr through a single filter element.
• An ergonomically designed handle has been designed to facilitate fast and easy
insertion and removal without the use of special tools. Cartridges are simply
inserted over a built-in guide tube.
• The seating mechanism uses a “twist to lock” design to provide a positive seal.
3M High Flow filter system specifications and operating parameters
Materials of construction
Filter Media – Each grade of the 3M High Flow flter system is manufactured from
meltblown FDA compliant polypropylene micro fibre media, providing high particle
removal effi ciency with broad chemical compatibility. No adhesives, binders or
silicone are used in the manufacturing process. All support layers and hardware are
constructed with polypropylene.
O-rings – O-rings are available in a variety of materials to suit your applications,
including the standard nitrile, ethylene propylene rubber (EPR), silicone and
3M High Flow Filter Element Specification
Element length (nominal)
Removal ratings (micron) 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 25, 40 and 70
Filter diameter (cm) 16.5
Filter length (cm) 101.6 152.4